Welcome to the Health Research Tasteful Landscape Photo Contest
We believe that you CAN grow food in front yards, business properties and public parklands — tastefully — because we’re doing it — and we have the pictures to prove it!
How about you?
Share your edible front yard landscape photos and you could win these fabulous prizes:
1.$50 gift card to Bogner’s
2. A gardening basket from Garden Works
3. Master Chef 12-piece BBQ set (valued at $45) donated by Sandstone Landscaping
4. 2 coffee mugs from Wayne and Freda
The Health Research Tasteful Landscape Photo Contest begins July 15th, 2020 and ends September 15th, 2020. Prize winners will be announced October 12th, 2020. We will send an email to each winner, and the winners will have 7 calendar days to respond. If they do not, the entry forfeits its place and the others move up in line for that prize category. Winners will be notified if any of this affects them.
- One entry per household. Duplicate entries and/or multiple entries sent from the same household will be discarded.
- You may enter up to four edible yard landscape photos per entry. Entries sent in any other way (email, etc.) will be deleted.
- Photo submissions may be from the South Okanagan (Penticton, Summerland, Naramata, OK Falls, Oliver and Osoyoos).
- Send photos of your yard and the edible plants in it. There must be at least one live edible plant in EACH photo.
- The photos must be taken by you. Do not submit photos taken by someone else.
- Photos must be of YOUR own home or business property. Get your friends to share their own yards.
- No photos with people or pets in them.
- Photos should be less than 2 MB in size.
- Some computers will tell you the size of your photo if you mouse over it. Also, the program you view your photos with on your computer will tell you this information. If you need to change the size, most computers are sold with photo-editing software, or you can visit one of the many free photo-editing websites for help. It is your responsibility to make sure your photo is of the right size. Over-sized photos will not be accepted by this site’s software and can cause error messages. Re-size your photos and try again — do not send entries or photos by email.
- You must submit a valid, working email address along with your entry. This is to notify you about your photo entry’s URL and to let you know if you win a prize! You will not be placed on any other lists or sent spam. We cannot accept entries without a valid email address, and emails that bounce will result in your entry being removed without notice.
By submitting your photo(s), you allow us to post it here on our site and to use it in other social media, publications or shows that we might want to for purposes of showing people about edible landscaping.